Posted on November 14 2016
Hi, I'm a business owner.
My name is Cori, and I own Sweetlees Boutique. This was my idea, a dream without a plan. It's time you get to know me - and I couldn't think of a better way than to write about it!
- I am Cori, a 34-year old Michigander.
- I am a momma of two kids (ages 3 and 6) and a wife to my dear husband of 10 years, Eric.
- I love carbs.
- I dream about fashion. In high school, I used to buy the September Vogue and tear out pictures to hang on my walls. Accessories, shoes, dresses, and lipgloss make my heart swoooooooon!
- I have my master's degree as a K-12 reading specialist.
- I make choices based on feelings and rarely think about consequences. Quit your teaching job and start a business - GREAT idea! I think I have a pretty strong intuition -- if it feels right in my heart, I do it.
- Every piece of clothing I sell, I love. If I think it will be flattering and comfortable, it's a sure thing! I'm proud to sell quality clothing to fit women of all sizes.
- I love me some reality tv. Oh, you act like a fool in front of a camera and you're 10 years younger than me?! Even better!
- I went through a phase where I made everysinglething I consumed from scratch. I know, it was crazy AND delicious.
- Don't worry, I'm over that now.
- I once made the mistake of putting heavy whipping cream into my cup of coffee to replace creamer.. and it was life-changing. I drink black coffee most days.. but dream of hundreds of calories of dairy fat instead.
- I can't believe I actually own a business.
I got serious about Sweetlees Boutique in January of this year, and it has been one insane journey! Thank you so much to my friends, current customers, future customers, husbands who don't look at their wives credit card statements, and most importantly my husband for not even batting an eye when I told him I wanted to sell clothing. I wouldn't be here without all of your support and believing in me.